Wego is the most popular travel marketplace in the Middle East and among the leading players in online travel in Southeast Asia. Dual-headquartered in Singapore and Dubai, Wego receives over half a million travel search requests per day through its website and iOS and Android mobile apps.
Wego’s mobile apps are highly-ranked in every one of our core markets and we were among the first to implement Google’s AMP & PWA web technologies in early 2017. Our commitment to great user experiences has received mentions at Apple’s and Google’s main developer conferences in each of the past few years.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the flights product across the online travel industry in the MENA, APAC and other emerging markets in which Wego
operates. We have the ambition to be the best in class travel super app in MENA & globally where we have millions of daily active users.
Directly reporting to the VP, Product, you will determine our product strategy in this area and lead the cross functional teams that are building these solutions. You will identify and understand customer pain points, determine objectives, and propose solutions to products that delight them. You will align and work with internal stakeholders and track performance against your set objectives.
You will work with technology, product, marketing & commercial teams to operationalize your products. We treat & expect product managers to be the “CEO’s of their product” where you are the glue between technology, design, commercial, marketing and operations.
If you love creating products from insights, driving the direction once our products get to our users hands, connecting the dots and discovering trends to see the real story
behind numbers, all the while working in a casual start-up atmosphere, we would like to invite you to join our product team.
- Product Strategy - Critically analyse products in various markets, competition, opportunities we can capitalize on
- Product Analytics - “Roll up sleeves attitude” with ability to analyze funnel conversion, A/B test performance, and performance of product features in production.
Willingness to explore data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more.
- Commercial Acumen - Strong grasp of commercial concepts, familiarity with e-commerce & m-commerce leading & lagging metrics, unit economics
- Customer Obsessed Research & Design Thinking - Data, evidence & human driven decision-making in approaching product features
- Ownership - Document the product specs in detail, develop testing criteria to communicate to your team what is in/out of scope, and follow the progress continuously to track the outcomes post launch. Proactively unblock your teams, problem-solve and drive to a resolution. Serve as the product team's primary contact for information, work
prioritization, and decision-making
- Communication Skills - Strong, concise communication skills who can explain complicated concepts to a 5 year old (literally) and recommend well-thought solutions.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to speak up, challenge the norm, provide constructive feedback, regardless of seniority.
- Product Roadmaps & Project Management - Developing product roadmaps, and managing complex projects, coordinating new & existing product support across numerous stakeholders from operations, commercial, product, engineering, & finance.
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review. Able to see challenges before they arise, create plans to manage dependencies and alleviate the risks, and pitch in to execute those plans as needed
- Technology Geek - Up to date with the latest mobile technologies we can potentially use to provide our users a richer experience to guide them through their journey. Expect you to be the first person reaching out regarding new features in I/O & dub dub
- Mindset Must-Haves - First Principles Thinking, Growth Mindset, Systems Thinking,
Ownership Mentality as a Self-starter
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management
- Experience in development, design and launching products
- Strong data skills
- Entrepreneurial and Strong Analytical Skills; effective at breaking down complex problems and driving and managing change
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM.
We are keen on having this super-star to be joining our team either in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.