Wego is a pioneer in the metasearch business for hotels and flights industry founded back in 2005, since then we have imagined and created some of the most well-loved products for travelers all around the world. Recently we started our own in-house booking platform for hotels, flights and activities all around the world.
For more details: https://company.wego.com/
We are looking for passionate and driven DevOps to join our engineering team in Lahore. We continue to grow rapidly and expand our talented team. We get extremely excited about new technology and innovation and work hard to incorporate the latest and greatest to improve our product at every turn. If you love to max out your brain space with techy acronyms in an energetic and pioneering atmosphere, then we think you’ll fit right in. You will be a part of our multinational Engineering team spread across Singapore, Bangalore, Malaysia and Jakarta.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical direction.
- Works on projects that may span a broad range of applications.
- Supports multiple applications.
- Collaborates with project managers to prioritize development of capabilities.
- Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on departmental processes and goals.
- Coordinates communication and activities between technical teams.
- Creates technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
- Reviews and advises on technical design specifications developed by junior levels.
- Develops custom integration solutions including major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features.
- Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- Develops convergence plans to meeting standards, as needed.
- Contributes to and reviews deployment plans; schedules the installation of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production-ready.
- Oversees and assists in production support.
- Works with vendors to resolve problems and develop solutions.
- Participates in the identification of continuity/disaster recovery risks and mitigation plans.
- Assists in the development of disaster recovery plans with service providers.
- Ensures all applications are documented according to standards.
- Promotes effective use of information technology by educating users on system functionality.
- Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
- Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using at least Chef and Ansible, other or equivalent are good to have
- Experience with HashiCorp toolkit Packer, Terraform, ansible are a must.
- In depth experience with Jenkins setup and configuration.
- Understanding of NAT, Peer Gateways, IP tables, routing configuration and VPC tunneling between Cloud services.
- Understanding of data collection platform/services/software such as Fluentd or ELK stack
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS/Google/Azure is required)
- Experience with Auto-Scaling services and understating of Elastic and Application Load balancing.
- Understanding of HTTP(s)/2 and Web servers, preferably Nginx and/or OpenResty/Kong
- Understanding of API security and management, experience with JWT and Kong Proxy is a plus.
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL, distributed database.
- A working understanding of code and script (Python, Bash and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.